Summer ’17 software release provides enterprises with new and innovative ways to share web-based content and data to enhance collaboration
San Jose, Calif., August 22, 2017
Prysm, Inc. a leading digital workplace platform provider, today unveiled its Summer ’17 software release featuring the general availability of its co-browsing functionality, wireless screen sharing with Google Cast, and a refreshed annotation experience. Today’s announcement supports the company’s commitment to provide enterprises with the right tools and experiences to drive employee efficiency and productivity.
Specifics of the Summer ’17 release include:
- Co-browsing experience: Short for collaborative browsing, this feature enables multiple people in disparate locations to launch and interact with multiple browser sessions simultaneously. Using the group participation function, the owner of the browsing session can enable other project participants to take control of the session, even passing over the controls of an authenticated application, as long as the owner is still logged into the Prysm project. For enhanced data security, when a presenter leaves a workspace or toggles off group participation, the content the co-browser pointed to is no longer available to workspace participants.
- Wireless screen sharing with Google Cast: Along with Apple AirPlay, Prysm customers can now wirelessly share content and screens using Google Cast. Users can enable their Google Chrome browser to share a single Chrome browser tab or the entire desktop. The new feature also enables the ability to share up to four wireless devices simultaneously, within the same workspace, or the ability to switch between four wireless devices in Prysm Go, in addition to wired sources.
- New annotation experience: An update to one of Prysm’s most popular features, the company has refreshed its annotations to include:
- Real-time smoothing for more polished mark-ups
- Easy mistake correction and sketch retouching with new undo/redo functionality
- Quick erase strokes through a single tap
According to the Wainhouse Research product review, “Evaluation of the Prysm Solution - New Features and Functions,” co-browsing will provide a more feature-rich browsing experience to remote users. As an added bonus, it also securely stores user-specific, site-specific cookies within the Prysm Cloud. Additionally, the newly added wireless presentation capability makes it quick and easy to bring live sources, including personal user / BYO content (e.g. from mobile devices), into the Prysm experience – without the need for an external wireless presentation system.1
“Collaboration has to be fluid and it cannot be tied to one ecosystem, environment, or feature, as each employee has their own work style and application preferences. Our Summer ’17 software release is a testament to our commitment to encouraging more meaningful employee engagement by creating new ways for content to be viewed and accessed, ultimately generating better business insights,” said Amit Jain, president & CEO, Prysm. “Because of our unique offering, we recently experienced our largest quarter of user acquisition. By providing enterprises with this flexible approach, we are creating a collaboration experience that is vital to success.”
The Prysm Summer ’17 release is available to all Prysm hosted customers. Users who leverage Prysm’s mobile device access will see the experience automatically updated. Administrators of Prysm’s in-room versions can request an upgrade via Prysm Customer Support.
Prysm is a leading provider of cloud-based, digital workplace solutions to many of the world’s largest global enterprises. The Prysm digital workplace platform drives a new era of digital transformation and enterprise agility. By enabling individuals and teams to explore all their data, content, applications and tools on hyper-visual, always-on digital canvases, Prysm ignites innovative thinking, drives decisions, accelerates productivity and transforms presentations into experiences. Customers using Prysm benefit from an open, enterprise-grade solution that integrates with existing collaboration tools and scales to hundreds or thousands of users, while meeting advanced security requirements.
Founded in 2005 in the Silicon Valley, Prysm has nearly 500 employees with offices worldwide. Learn more at prysm.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Director of Communications
1 Evaluation of the Prysm Visual Workplace Solution (Part 2 - New Features and Functions)”, a commissioned product review conducted by Wainhouse Research, June 2017